[c-nsp] ouch 7204vxr reloaded

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Fri Apr 30 13:02:14 EDT 2010

Joseph Jackson wrote:
> How far apart are these issues geographically?
>
> Honestly it sounds like you are just having stuff break.  It happens.
>  I've had weeks like that were stuff that has ran for years with out
> issue starts to fail. None of the problems you are having are "never
> been seen before".  I've had a disk array controller with block
> errors.   I've had a interface go whacked and routers restart.  It
> happens.

Blocks apart and 30 miles or more. I've been running this network for
the past 8 years and also have had 'stuff break', but never on the scale
or frequency as what is happening now. The types of issues are simply
unbelivable - a 7200 pairity error, following a disk raid controller
error, following peculiuer ethernet interface errors on several devices
resulting in lockups, following adsl cards in a telco facillity
restarting, following 'burnt out' microwave point to point transceiver,
following locked up for 45 minutes access point that came back and never
hiccuped again.... its all too unbelivable to me. This has all happened
in the space of 4 days, there is something more than 'shit happens' at
work here.

Mike-