[c-nsp] 6500 policing

Kevin Hatem Kevin.Hatem at pgs.com
Mon Aug 2 15:18:51 EDT 2010

> I'm having some trouble with policing on a 6500 (sup720-3bxl) on a
> WS-X6416-GBIC port.  The port is supposed to be rate-limited to 40mbit/s.
> The physical port is configured as a layer 2 port tied to a single vlan
> (switchport access vlan ...).  Egress policing is applied to the SVI port

i think the physical interface needs to be configured for vlan-based qos:

!
int g1/1/1
	mls qos vlan-based
!

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.