[c-nsp] Odd error after Interface flap [GSR/Engine 5]

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Tue Aug 3 01:50:36 EDT 2010

Hi,

> One of our upstream providers had an interface flap for about 10
seconds.

> After the Interface came back up and before the BGP session came up
this
> message was logged:
>
> SLOT 5:Aug  2 14:43:36 EDT: %EE48-3-QM_SANITY_WARNING: Few free
buffers(10)
> are available in ToFab FreeQ pool# 1
> Has anyone seen this error before/know what it could indicate?
>
> Everything seems to be back to normal now, just making sure that isn't
cause
> for high alarm.

this is a relatively new msg for E5 (via CSCsr99615, was around for E3 a
bit longer), which reports low buffer conditions in LC buffer pools. As
long as it doesn't pop up more often, it only reports a transient
condition and can be ignored. The check can be adapted/disabled via
"[no] hw-module slot <n> qm-sanity ..." command..

	oli