[c-nsp] Bundling ports on different WS6704 linecards

Rin rintrum at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 03:47:06 EDT 2010

Hi group,

We are building a Core network of 3 7609 routers connecting as a 40Gbps
ring. On each router we have 4 WS6704 linecards. Each router will be
connected to other routers via 4 10G-links, these links will be configured
as Port-Channel.

Should we place each link of the port-channel on different linecard on each
router or should we allocate all 4 links on the same linecard? Anyone has
any problem with configuring etherchannel for ports on different WS6704
linecards?

Thanks.