[c-nsp] Bundling ports on different WS6704 linecards

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Tue Aug 10 09:15:22 EDT 2010

On 09/08/2010, at 5:47 PM, Rin wrote:

> We are building a Core network of 3 7609 routers connecting as a 40Gbps
> ring. On each router we have 4 WS6704 linecards. Each router will be
> connected to other routers via 4 10G-links, these links will be configured
> as Port-Channel.

The use of 6704 LC's may not be the best option due to their limited buffers.  There are many discussions on this list relating to the capabilities of 6704 vs the 6708 for example.  The 6704 _may_ suit your requirements but it would be worth having a quick look at the other options (even if you only use every second port on the 6708's for example).

Thanks

David