[c-nsp] Mysterious tunnel interfaces

Jay Nakamura zeusdadog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 20:52:50 EDT 2010

I was working on a ISR 1941 with 15.0(1)M2.  I am running DMVPN on it
and using one tunnel interface.  (Tunnel 1).  No other tunnel
interfaces are configured on the router.  However when I do "show int
summary" I get this;

#sh int summary

 *: interface is up
 IHQ: pkts in input hold queue     IQD: pkts dropped from input queue
 OHQ: pkts in output hold queue    OQD: pkts dropped from output queue
 RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
 TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)
 TRTL: throttle count

  Interface              IHQ   IQD  OHQ   OQD  RXBS RXPS  TXBS TXPS TRTL
* GigabitEthernet0/0       0     0    0     0  6000    5  6000    5    0
  GigabitEthernet0/1       0     0    0     0     0    0     0    0    0
* Serial0/0/0              0     0    0     0  3000    3  2000    2    0
  NVI0                     0     0    0     0     0    0     0    0    0
* Tunnel0                  0     0    0     0     0    0     0    0    0
* Tunnel1                  0     0    0    10  1000    2  1000    2    0
* Tunnel2                  0     0    0     0     0    0     0    0    0
* Tunnel3                  0     0    0     0     0    0     0    0    0

I thought may be something got left behind while I was monkeying
around in it so I reloaded the router and the tunnel 0,2,3 are still
there and it says it's up.   None of those interfaces are in the
startup or running-config.

What is going on here?  My other routers with similar config on a 1841
with 12.4(15)T* doesn't have this issue.  It doesn't seem to be
affecting the routing of traffic but it's really bothering me.

-Jay