[c-nsp] Cisco Multicast Manager

Andre Christian andre.christian at o3bnetworks.com
Tue Aug 17 11:44:30 EDT 2010

I have used CMM for through several iterations of the product (from 2.3 - 3.1). We had about 500 streams, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, video, music channels, etc for an IPTV platform.

The latest release is a major improvement and it provides a great GUI so people could see the multicast flows.
I preferred to log into the routers but was required to provide additional monitoring capabilities for other non IP staff.

Ineoquests are extremely good as well, could also be extremely expensive.

One thing to also think about is how many places you plan to monitor, traditional video people like monitoring everywhere, confidence checks, etc.

Andre