[c-nsp] The myths of autonegotiate vs forced (was: full duplex mismatch speed - dynamips)

Danijel theghost101 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 07:18:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 10:20, Mark Tinka <mtinka at globaltransit.net> wrote:

> On Friday, August 20, 2010 03:34:24 pm Mikael Abrahamsson
> wrote:
>
> > +1 on the "use autoneg unless you really have to force
> > duplex".
>
> We have a customer that connects to us over Gig-E, but their
> end is an EoSDH implementation.
>
> As it were, that SDH box either won't auto-neg (which I
> can't believe), or they're too scared to make it so.

I've worked with some SDH equipment and we had some problems with
auto-negotiate on 1G links, on some cisco equipment it would work flawlessly
and with some it had to be disabled for link to come up.
Is it a problem with SDH equipment vendor of with Cisco I don't know. (there
were no problems with links that went to some extreme BD-s though)