[c-nsp] full duplex mismatch speed - dynamips

Jim Getker (getker) getker at cisco.com
Sat Aug 21 12:42:28 EDT 2010

There is no such thing as gigabit half duplex, both link partners
transmit on all four pairs simultaneously.  So there can't be a duplex
mismatch when running at gig.  Auto-negotiation has to happen to link up
at 1000.  If you set a port to 1000 the phy is configured to not
advertise 10/100 but it does auto-negotiate.

Jim