[c-nsp] BFD in XR 3.9.1

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:08:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 25 August 2010 06:11, Vikas Sharma <vikassharmas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning to test BFD in XR 3.9.1 (both on 12k and on CRS-1). Any
> testing already done and feedback is appreciated.

We've tested BFD on 3.9.1 on 9k. Work's without any problems,
detecting all failures. We tested it only on 10G interfaces. It
appears that with 10G WANPHY G.703 is sometimes faster (which is not
that surprising).  We have encountered one limitation - currently BFD
over ethtrunks is not supported (at least on 9k). We tested it with
20ms intervals (even though 15ms is the minimal value Cisco advised us
to use 20ms).
There is no BFD over RSVP-TE in that software version, but I heard
that it's planned.

kind regards
Pshem