[c-nsp] Storm-Control on server switch uplinks.

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Aug 25 07:51:11 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 08:22 +0200, Jens S Andersen wrote:
> I just found out I can't set different levels for broadcast and multicast
> storm control

Cisco hints at this in the documentation, e.g. for the "storm-control
broadcast level" command:

"Enables broadcast traffic storm control on the interface, configures
the traffic storm control level, and applies the traffic storm control
level to all traffic storm control modes enabled on the interface. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SXF/native/configuration/guide/storm.html#wp1021340

> Looks like a bug.

Rather than a "bug" they probably call it a "hardware limitation". :-)

--
Peter