[c-nsp] annoying SYS-6-EXIT_CONFIG messages

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Aug 26 16:18:08 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-26 at 15:50 -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> We complained to cisco about this as well, but they seemingly are
> unaware and uncaring of this impact to customers as it magically
> showed up "in a code sync".  This is obnoxious if you have an
> automated process (eg: rancid) login hourly to send you diffs from the
> device.

I'm veering a little OT here, but I'm wondering why RANCID doesn't
exploit CISCO-CONFIG-MAN-MIB::ccmHistoryEventTable to find out if there
have been any changes since last know backup.

Our own home-rolled system uses this, and we can thus check for
configuration changes every ten minutes without flooding our logs. And
composing running-config quickly exhausts the slow Sup720 CPU.

--
Peter