[c-nsp] Logging event link-status issues

John Neiberger jneiberger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 18:22:13 EDT 2010

We've tried to enable this on individual interfaces, but we still
always seem to get link up/down messages for other interfaces. I see
that there is a global "no logging event link-status" command, which
strangely has an extra optional keyword "default". I don't understand
why you need the "default" keyword for a global command. Wouldn't the
fact that it is global already make it default?

Anyway, my question is this: if we add the global command "no logging
event link-status default" and then add "logging event link-status" on
the important interfaces, then add "snmp-server enable trap linkdown",
will we only get link down traps for the important interfaces?

I know other people have run into weirdness related to this, so I
thought I would ask here.

Thanks,
John