[c-nsp] Aironet repeater config issue?

Herb Leong herb at tomobiki.urusei.net
Fri Aug 27 03:21:12 EDT 2010

Hello!

I have three AP1232AGs and one LAP1232AG. One of the AP1232AG's is set up
with "station-role root access-point" while the rest are set up with
"station-role repeater" on interface Dot11Radio0.

The Root AP is running 12.3(8)JA2. The repeaters are running 12.3(4)JA
(two AP1232AG's,) and 12.3(8)JEC (one LAP1232AG.)

If I put client near the root AP so that the client associates with the
root AP, everything works as expected. If I put the client near any of
the repeaters, the repeater can ping the client and the client can see
the repeater but the client is no longer reachable to the rest of the
network.

I see that the clients associate correctly to the root access point only
when the client is neat the root.  When the client is near the repeater,
I see the accociation on the repeater, but I do not see the association
relayed to the root from the repeater.

Cisco's compair features tool in the 'software advisor' does not seem to
address Aironet devices so i do not know if this is a issue with the
versions of ios I am running.

Any ideas?

Please let me know if you want a sanitized config emailed directly to
you.  I'd rather not post it off the bat on the list in order to keep
the noise level down.

/herb