[c-nsp] How to run script file from flash

Ramcharan, Vijay A vijay.ramcharan at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Aug 27 12:45:31 EDT 2010

[mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On
> Behalf Of John Neiberger
> Sent: Friday, August 27, 2010 11:32 AM
> To: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
> Subject: [c-nsp] How to run script file from flash
>
> I have a set of complicated commands that I need to run periodically
> on several modules on a bunch of routers. I'd like to create a text
> file of the commands and store it on the flash of each router, then
> just run the commands from the text file stored on the router. I know
> we can use "more" to view the file, but since this will just be a file
> of show commands, is there a way to have the script run as if I were
> entering the commands myself? It would save me a lot of time if I
> could just run the script from the CLI.
>
> Thanks!
> John

It should be possible.
See
http://blog.ioshints.info/2007/08/example-tcl-script-with-command-line.h
tml for a short example.
Other links:
http://wiki.nil.com/Executing_IOS_commands_from_Tcl_shell
http://jelonek.info/doku/doku.php?id=network:scripts

I had no idea that there was a whole book just for TCL scripting on IOS.

http://www.amazon.com/TcL-Scripting-Cisco-Networking-Technology/dp/15870
59452/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1282927176&sr=8-1

Vijay Ramcharan