[c-nsp] How to run script file from flash

Andrea Montefusco andrea.montefusco at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 12:50:52 EDT 2010

John Neiberger wrote:
> I have a set of complicated commands that I need to run periodically
> on several modules on a bunch of routers. I'd like to create a text
> file of the commands and store it on the flash of each router, then
> just run the commands from the text file stored on the router. I know
> we can use "more" to view the file, but since this will just be a file
> of show commands, is there a way to have the script run as if I were
> entering the commands myself? It would save me a lot of time if I
> could just run the script from the CLI.

You could create a new IOS command with Tcl and run it manually or
time (like Unix cron).
Take a look at

http://wiki.nil.com/Executing_IOS_commands_from_Tcl_shell
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6555/ps6815/config_guide_eem_configuration_for_cisco_integrated_services_router_platforms.html