[c-nsp] Cat6500 modular IOS - direction?

Tim Durack tdurack at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:20:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Benjamin Lovell <belovell at cisco.com> wrote:
> Patching and install are deprecated as of SXI3.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sx/12_2sxi/12_2_33_sxi3_newfeatlist.html
>
> As for a formal announcement about the future of ION; as far as I know Cisco has not made any. However, someone closer to the horse's mouth may be willing to comment in more detail.
>
> -Ben

I don't know anything official, but the Parrot sketch is coming to mind...

We ran modular for a couple of years, but moved back to monolithic
with our last upgrade cycle (12/09). Monolithic is stable and appears
to have a lower cpu hit.

Despite claims to the opposite, I don't think Cisco are committing
much engineering resources to the C6K at this point in its life.

--
Tim:>