[c-nsp] Cat6500 modular IOS - direction?

andrea montefusco andrea.montefusco at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 11:41:05 EDT 2010

Gert, all,

I would like remember to this thread that the first rumors on modular
IOS are back to 1998.
Yes, you read: 1-9-9-8. Four, or maybe three, years ago (ten years
later) cisco released the modular IOS for Cat6.5k: bullsxyt.
To me the true story is another one: cisco is not able to do a real
modular IOS (not counting the VM system in N as modular) because they
are neither anymore able to manage the standard old style IOS, nor to
pursuit the 'split' option (that has been discarded by management as
too risky  and maybe they are right).
My 0.02 EU.

Ciao

  *am*