[c-nsp] wisdom of installing many routes into ospf

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Sat Aug 28 20:30:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

    I have a BRAS terminating many pppoe sessions (>2000 lets say). I
would like to allow my bras to participate in OSPF and I am wondering
what the collected wisdom about doing so is. I want to be able to assign
some of these sessions fixed subnets for example, and this is one
motovator. Another is that even for connected interface addresses, I
sometimes want special routing (eg: instead of core -> bras -> end user,
I may want core -> intermediate -> bras -> end user) which I can use
ospf to override. Has anyone done this and has anyone any references
where I might see an example or some documentation on pitfalls and so
forth?

Thank you.

Mike-