[c-nsp] PA-FE-TX, PA-FE-TX/ISL, PA-2FE-TX, PA-2FE-TX/ISL

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Aug 31 17:43:12 EDT 2010

On Wednesday, September 01, 2010 03:39:32 am Sridhar Ayengar
wrote:

> First of all, I already have the 7500 gear.  Second,
> doing 7200 with gigabit is WAAAAAAY more expensive.

The NPE-G1 is reasonably priced if you want to handle a
couple-hundred Mbps of traffic, and don't really need 1Gbps
line rate.

The NPE-G2 is better if you want to forward some 1Gbps
through the box (configuration-dependent).

Bottom line, the NPE-G1/G2 gives you great value with those
on-board Gig-E ports.

Mark.