[c-nsp] SUP1A-2GE's in other status

Chris Scott chrisjscott at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 05:22:58 EST 2010

On 30 November 2010 17:39, Keegan Holley <keegan.holley at sungard.com> wrote:
> We have a few hybrid mode SUP1A cards left.  A few of the redundant cards
> are in other status.  I was curious if anyone had run into this in the past.
>  TAC wasn't much help.  I don't see any log messages of value.  The only
> thing that jumps out to me is that a few of the HW revisions and FW (not
> IOS/CatOS) revisions do not match on the two sups.  I can't find anything in
> the way of a compatibility matrix so I'm not sure if that indicates a
> problem either.

This happened to me with one box.  One Sup1A would regularly crash to
ROMMON IIRC, needing manual boot execution for whatever reason.
Seemed to be a HW problem as swapping the sup cured it.  Didn't spend
any time investigating relative HW/FW version deltas as the quick swap
was a win.  Subsequent replacement of all Sup1As with Sup2s has shown
far better reliability.

Cheers
--
Chris