[c-nsp] FTTH access switch

Pavel Skovajsa pavel.skovajsa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:08:10 EST 2010

Hello,

Cisco is pretty expensive on one side, but they somehow know what they
are doing, compared to other cheap switch vendors....
By talking to your cisco account rep you can find that you can get
nice discount when ordering large quantities of switches, which can
sometimes get you to prices somehow comparable to the cheap switches.
For the SFPs, the cisco branded ones are exactly the same as the ones
that you could get for 1/20th of the price.....try to get ones with
DOM support.

Traditionally the Metro line of switch from cisco ME3400, ME3400-E,
ME3750 and newer ME3600X and ME3800X are meant for the access
deployement.

Hope it helps,
-pavel