[c-nsp] Control-Plane Filters/ACLs

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Dec 3 17:16:05 EST 2010

On 2010-12-03 22:55, Gert Doering wrote:

>> Provided QoS is globally enabled with "mls qos", CoPP is done in
>> hardware[1] on 6500/sup720, by adding QoS policy-maps into the PFC/DFC
>> qos path.
> You're sure you need mls qos for that?  I was under the impression that
> CoPP is always done in hardware (as long as the specific rules permit).

mls rate-limiters are 'on' always, CoPP requires the logic behind MQC
and yes, requires 'mls qos' to function properly. It can be configured
and will actually (mal)function with 'software processing' but this
is not the way it should be ran.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net