[c-nsp] Two DMVPN spokes on a single 8xx

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Sat Dec 4 06:52:34 EST 2010

Minor correction. Traffic will still be CEF switched but will be
software CEF switched not MLS CEF switched.

This is a limitation of the EARL 7 generation of forwarding engines.
GRE decap can only be done based on dest IP so you need a unique IP
endpoint for each tunnel. This is not a problem on any software
platform as there is no ASIC to be subject to this limitation.

For DMVPN w/ IPSEC you can use the same IP address for two mGRE
tunnels as long as you use the same crypto profile and the shared KW.

-Ben