[c-nsp] BFD and no ip redirects ?

Pete Lumbis alumbis at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 09:23:14 EST 2010

BFD is only processed on the linecard on the GSR. For the 6500/7600
this is still done on the CPU, but it is done in the interrupt
context, making it preferred over something like Fast Hellos which is
handled as part of normal process scheduling.

I think there are plans to make BFD distributed on the 6500/7600
platforms, but it's not here yet.

-Pete