[c-nsp] IOS DHCP Server - dynamic and static in one subnet

Artyom Viklenko artem at aws-net.org.ua
Wed Dec 8 02:09:02 EST 2010

Hi, List!

I'm trying to figure out how to achive the foloving.

Let's say we have one subnet, f.e. x.y.z.192/27.
I would like to use DHCP in it. But also have static
mappings for some portion of address space from this
subnet.

I've create dhcp pool with 'network' statement. So far
so good. All works as expected.

Now I put text file on tftp server and created another
pool with 'origin' statement. But clients PC's still
get their ip assigned from the first dhcp pool.

ip dhcp pool test-pool
    network x.y.z.192 255.255.255.224
    default-router x.y.z.193
    dns-server 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8
    domain-name test.domain.tld
    lease 0 12
!
ip dhcp pool test-static-pool
    origin file tftp://t.t.t.t/test-static-pool
    default-router x.y.z.193
    dns-server 1.2.3.4 5.6.7.8
    domain-name test.domain.tld
    lease 0 12
!

What's wrond with this config? Is it possible
with ios dhcp server at all?

Please, give me some hints.

Thanks in advance!

--