[c-nsp] 4900M with QoS on a portchannel

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 19:15:35 EST 2010

Hi,

I must be missing something obvious here, so please stay with me. I'm
currently devising config for the device.
We have a 4900M that will be connected over 2x10G to a customer. I
want to apply a very simple QoS in this scenario - mark packets on
input and act on that on output:

class-map match-any CUST-SW-IN-PRIO
 match cos  5 6
class-map match-any CUST-SW-IN-AF4
 match cos  4
class-map match-any CUST-SW-IN-AF1
 match cos  2  3

class-map match-any CUST-SW-OUT-PRIO
  match qos-group 15
class-map match-any CUST-SW-OUT-AF4
   match qos-group 14
class-map match-any CUST-SW-OUT-AF1
  match qos-group 11

policy-map CUST-SW-IN-INPUT
 class CUST-SW-IN-PRIO
  set qos-group 15
 class CUST-SW-IN-AF4
  set qos-group 14
 class CUST-SW-IN-AF1
  set qos-group 11
 class class-default

policy-map CUST-SW-OUT-OUTPUT
 class CUST-SW-OUT-PRIO
   priority
   police rate percent 37
 class class-default

The idea is that there should never be more then 37% of CoS 5 and CoS
6 traffic leaving the interface. All ingress interfaces have the
CUST-SW-IN-INPUT policy applied (on either physical interfaces, or
PortChannels).
When I try to apply the output policy I get the following:

1. On physical interface (member of the portchannel):

ASAUESD01(config)#int te1/1
ASAUESD01(config-if)#service-policy output CUST-SW-OUT-OUTPUT
% A service-policy with non-queuing actions should be attached to the
port-channel associated with this physical port.

2. On a portchannel:

ASAUESD01(config-if)#int po1
ASAUESD01(config-if)#service-policy output CUST-SW-OUT-OUTPUT
% A service-policy with queuing actions can be attached in output
direction only on physical ports.

What am I missing here?
software:  Version 12.2(53)SG1 (cat4500e-IPBASEK9-M)
hardware: WS-C4900M

kind regards
Pshem