[c-nsp] HSRP/VRRP, IPv6 and IOS XE?

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Thu Dec 9 16:44:14 EST 2010

On 09-12-10 22:22, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 08:54:27PM +0100, Arie Vayner (avayner) wrote:
>> I was just updated by the BU that this feature is now listed in FN...
>
> Confirmed!  "HSRP for IPv6" is now listed for IOS XE 3.1S

Please pay attention whether this is HSRP on link-local addresses only,
or the better one on global addresses as well. One may get disappointed
with being forced to use link-local IP's as gateways.
At least on the "normal" IOS they were implemented separately.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka