[c-nsp] 3550 layer 3 switch replacement for v6

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 04:44:51 EST 2010

Seth Mattinen <sethm at rollernet.us> wrote:

> I have some etherswitch service modules (3750 in a NME) running IPv6
> with OSPF just fine. Other than a /128 ACL requiring ff:fe in the right
> spot (someone detailed why either here or NANOG when I complained about
> it previously) to store it in TCAM, I don't have any major complaints
> with their IPv6 support. I'm not doing anything fancy, just pushing
> packets with anti-spoofing ACLs.

Problems I have seen with our 3750 kit:
 * no VRF support for v6
 * MAC based ACL's do not work, apparently Ethernet frames with a ID of
	0x86dd are not 'Ethernet' frames to Cisco and instead take on a
	magical property that makes them invisible to MAC ACL's :-/
 * does not generate ICMP unreachables for v6 (or v4 for that matter)
 * never could get v6 EIGRP working, but that might be just me, OSPF
	works fine so I am not complaining
 * no IPv6 VACL's support

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: You will be run over by a bus.