[c-nsp] NAT Shot in the Dark

Sean Granger sgranger at randfinancial.com
Sat Dec 11 17:09:04 EST 2010

Hey guys,

Random headscratcher, never had to do anything like this before, so it's all theory.
I've moved a device from 192.168.1.110 to 192.168.35.110.

When hosts inside of the .1 subnet try to access it at the "old" address, how do I force them to go to the new address ... NAT on it's own doesn't seem to do the trick (outside local 192.168.1.110, global 192.168.35.110) ..... do I have to policy route this thing and force it out of the other vlan interface?

I know it's dirty either way, but my developers can't change all of the systems that directly address to the original IP in time and the move had to happen today.

Thoughts?

Either way, thanks in advance for the sounding board.