[c-nsp] 3550 layer 3 switch replacement for v6

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sun Dec 12 07:19:34 EST 2010

On 2010-12-12 04:45, Mark Price wrote:
> I tested a 3560G-24 to replace 3550 switches doing layer 3 like you are
> talking about.  Ran into TCAM overflow after switching to an ipv4+ipv6 SDM
> template.  The limits advertised are under 'ideal' conditions and not real
> world as you would suspect.  I think using OSPF for your routing greatly
> reduces the routing resources that SDM templates advertise.

Can you be more specific please? Can you post a TCAM overflow
information and the state in which the hardware resources were at that
moment? Because from what I understand from your mail, you overflow
the TCAMs before the SDM template theoretical limits for FIB.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end.  |                 Łukasz Bromirski
  If it's not okay, it's not the end." |      http://lukasz.bromirski.net