[c-nsp] Catalyst 4500 E-Series

Sachin Gupta sagupta at cisco.com
Tue Dec 14 12:08:38 EST 2010

The +E chassis has new mux-buffers to support 48G/slot in the redundant
chassis. The higher speed mux-buffers result in the lower rated MTBF. We
priced lower to encourage transition. Going forward, I recommend R+E chassis
purchases only.

Sachin

On 12/14/10 6:06 AM, "Antonio Soares" <amsoares at netcabo.pt> wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the differences between the WS-C4507-E and the
> WS-C4507+E but I'm confused:
>
> 1) 4503-E, 4506-E, 4507R+E, and 4510R+E chassis are extremely flexible and
> support either 6 Gbps, 24 Gbps, or 48Gbps per line-card slot. 4507R-E and
> 4510R-E chassis are limited to 6 Gbps and 24 Gbps per line-card slot.
>
> -> So the +E seems better.
>
> 2) Part Number Max Rated Power (W) Rated MTBF (Hours)
>
> WS-C4507R+E 135 248,630
> WS-C4507R-E 135 365,896
>
> -> Now the -E seems better
>
> 3)
>
> WS-C4507R-E 10K GPL
> WS-C4507R+E 7K GPL
>
> The +E looks much better :)
>
> What is the logic behind all this ?
>

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/product_da
> ta_sheet0900aecd801792b1.html
>

> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
> amsoares at netcabo.pt

  Sachin Gupta | Dir, Marketing | Catalyst 4500 & 4900 Series