[c-nsp] ACL querry

Edward avanti edward.avanti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 04:56:41 EST 2010

Halo all,

I understood that  ACL on int's were transitting traffic and ACL on line was
to the router?

I ask because I could not access router until I add my home IP on acl 101
(the inbound)
Is this because the external interface fe0 has inbound rules applied?
For example, fe1 is to our network of servers I apply ingress rules on fe0
which the SP link, is this right why I denied?

Should I invert this all?, have no rules on fe0 and apply the
network-ingress, as an outbound rule on fe1 instead?

Which is consider best practise?  Or is this correct but I somehow block
myself to line

ACL conf data relevant to post,  all IP is changed for protect guilty :->

access-list 1 permit 1.1.1.0 0.0.1.255
line vty 0 4
 access-class 1 in

access-list 101 permit ip host 1.2.3.4 any
access-list 101 permit ip host 15.6.7.8 any
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq 22
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq telnet
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq sunrpc
access-list 101 deny   udp any any eq sunrpc
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any range 135 139
access-list 101 deny   udp any any range 135 netbios-ss
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq 445
access-list 101 deny   udp any any eq tftp
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq 873
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq 2049
access-list 101 deny   tcp any any eq 3306
access-list 101 permit ip any any

interface FastEthernet0
 ip access-group 101 in

thanks you