[c-nsp] XMODEM transfer over telnet/ssh, any chance?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Dec 15 18:18:31 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 20:20 +0000, Tomas Daniska wrote:
> I meant, there are pieces of software similar to Dialout/EZ for *NIX,
> that is - you have the remote router (1841 was it?) with aux connected
> to the console of the failed box at the remote location, and you setup
> a virtual ttySx on your PC, so you can use your favorite terminal app
> for XMODEM :)

Ah, sorry, I had missed that. I've now tried "remserial" and it works
like a charm! :-)

> but then - another reply has revealed that XMODEM won't work for you
> with sup720...

It still doesn't work on a Sup720, so that sounds plausible.

It does work just as it should when I put a C2800 there instead though.
Will try upgrading the ROMMON on the Sup720 to see if that helps. The
problem was actually that all the nearby CF cards were too large for the
very old ROMMON to recognize, so an overnight XMODEM could have been a
viable alternative.

Again, thank you for the pointers!

--
Peter