[c-nsp] Large network inventory

Tomas Daniska Tomas.Daniska at soitron.com
Thu Dec 16 13:30:10 EST 2010

Folks,

can you share what do you use for keeping your network inventory and how does it fit your needs please? I mean no SAP, but rather a suite that keeps the relevant information on links, circuits, devices, locations, contact persons, owners, facility information, network services etc. etc., and can keep tracks of relations between various types of objects.

The size of the network to be inventarized is going to grow to ~1k nodes now, so manual evidence in excel and similar tools is no longer going to be effective.

Or unicast me if you don't feel comfortable disclosing publicly.

Thanks so far

--

Tomas Daniska
Senior CSE/BDM

Soitron, a.s.
Plynarenska 5, 829 75 Bratislava, Slovakia
tel: +421 2 58224000, fax: +421 2 58224520

The new IANA definition: IP Addresses Not Available