[c-nsp] Problem with PIX 515E IOS 7.2 update.

Anrey Teslenko teslenko.andrey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:18:33 EST 2010

Hi all,

I tried to update up to version 7.2 from 6.3 on my PIX firewall.

I tried to copy new ios image on the flash memory, but I observed that
session with my tftp is hung,
however before that i successfully done command "write net tftp:pixconfig".

So, I waited more than 2 hours and  interrupted connection with tftp,
because decide to upgrade under monitor mode.
And now i got the new problem. While attempting to reload, I got next

fw# reload
Proceed with reload? [confirm]
Currently writing image. Cannot reload.

Ok, I attempted to copy image again from tftp and got next

fw# copy tftp://xx.xx.xx.xx/pix724-9.bin flash
copying tftp://xx.xx.xx.xx/pix724-9.bin to flash:image
tftp: could not open udp/0/12345/xx.xx.xx.xx/69
Open tftp/0/213.130.30.195/pix724-9.bin failed

So, my upgrade procedure unfortunately not  turned.
Help me please. What should i do to resolve this issue?