[c-nsp] Pointer to PPPoE docs for 887 CPE?

Jason Gurtz jasongurtz at npumail.com
Mon Dec 20 10:04:50 EST 2010

> This requires pppoeoa support / configuration on BRAS. You can
> configure pppoeoa on CPE but it will not negotiate as ser ver will be
> expecting PPPoA encap and you are sending PPPoE.

Thank you Vikas and Brian,

I'm pretty sure the BRAS is set up in this way as other operational dsl
configs we have with ATT are very similar to what Brian showed.  The
difference in this case is the location is on one of the "extended dslam"
devices.  We are looking at a L1 issue as I went onsite myself and
observed CD light is transitioning from slow blink-> fast blink -> solid
on -> off.

Can't trust the ATT folks as they were even unable to provide correct
VPI/VCI numbers (had to figure out via the ATT equipment).

~JasonG