[c-nsp] Legitimate Access to IOS for Legacy/EOL devices

Antonio Soares amsoares at netcabo.pt
Tue Dec 21 05:46:09 EST 2010

I just received this information:

"To improve your experience with Cisco and protect your investment in Cisco
Products, we’re pleased to announce the improvement of Software download
entitlement controls effective 10th January, 2011."
(...)
"Starting 10th January, 2011, software downloads on Cisco.com will be
verified against Products registered on your Services contract. Attempts to
download Software for Products not registered on your Services contract will
not be permitted."

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)
amsoares at netcabo.pt