[c-nsp] RES: RES: Outbound Load balancing using eBGP

Leonardo Gama Souza leonardo.souza at nec.com.br
Thu Dec 23 14:23:23 EST 2010

> If you start going there, you will end being *stuck* there - having to
fiddle with local-pref again and again, because inevitably, you will
have cases > where you prefer a 10-AS-hop-paths over a 2-AS-hop-paths,
and that way, enforce poor connectivity for your users.

> (As a well-known net person tends to say "I encourage my competitors
to do this".  Amen.)

The only problem is that increase in deaggregation and AS path prepend
changes this logic a bit and you should have upstream providers with
different connectivity matrix.
For a big ISP it is the best approach tough.