[c-nsp] Outbound Load balancing using eBGP

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Thu Dec 23 16:50:19 EST 2010

I still recommend at least checking out the BGP appliances.  You'll never
get any where near even distribution without some kind of active
processing.  However, if you are dead set on manual configuration do you
have any idea what your traffic spread is?  For example if your customers
are predominantly in one AS or IP block, or if you are a hosting company you
can choose some of the larger ISP's and nail their traffic to one link or
another.  Implementing netflow will help with this as well.  Unfortunately
in there isn't a single easy configuration that makes this work as different
business have different traffic patterns and different needs.