[c-nsp] bbq 2970

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sun Dec 26 11:57:27 EST 2010

Depends on your throughput needs.  Have you looked at the 2960-S series?
 It's pretty much a 2960 with 10G stack cables.  It would be a cheap way to
allow your environment to scale without needing routed hops or spanning
tree.  Also, the 29xx switches are pretty well oversubscribed.  I'm not sure
if that was ever an issue for you though.

You may also want to check your UPS if you actually had a power event
destroy equipment.  I can't think of a scenario where that would/should ever
happen.  You should be looking at smoked breakers/UPS equipment, not smoked
network gear.  If the same happened to your systems/disk infrastructure
you'd probably be in serious trouble.

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Mike <mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com