[c-nsp] problems migrating to a 3550

j.vaningenschenau at utwente.nl j.vaningenschenau at utwente.nl
Wed Feb 3 11:58:12 EST 2010

> Things in vlan2 on the HP switch can reach the IP address of the 3550
> on
> vlan2 just fine, vlan2 is solid.
>
> However, things in vlan1 on the HP switch cannot reach the IP of the
> 3550
> on vlan1, and anything attached to 3550 on vlan1 ports cannot reach
> anything on vlan1 on the HP switch.

You could try either:

* Setting VLAN 1 as untagged on the Procurve side, or
* configuring "switchport trunk native vlan tag" on the Cisco side.

(or avoid using VLAN 1, which is what we always do between Cisco and HP
switches)

Regards,

Jeroen van Ingen
ICT Service Centre
University of Twente, P.O.Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands