[c-nsp] Cisco ACS question

Bielawa, Daniel W. (NS) dwbielawa at liberty.edu
Thu Feb 4 09:07:22 EST 2010

Hello,

	The setup you are looking for is two parts. The first part is on the network device that you want to authenticate using TACACS. The second part is in the ACS server itself.

	In our network we use TACACS for authentication, authorization, and accounting for network logins. Below is a link to the Cisco TACACS configuration guide for a 3750.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_52_se/configuration/guide/swauthen.html#wp1044243

	In ACS we have our devices configured using TACACS. I would recommend setting up a separate group in ACS for your admin accounts. Then add those devices to that group, with the enable option set to the maximum privilege level of 15. Do not allow you general user group access to the devices configured for TACACS and they will not be able to login to them.

Thank You

Daniel Bielawa
Network Engineer
Liberty University Network Services