[c-nsp] Netflow problem ...In Cisco 7606 Router

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Mon Feb 8 00:30:11 EST 2010

mdjahangir hossain wrote:
> Dear concern:
>
> I faced a problem in cisco  SAR-7606 router about netflow.when i enable netflow , access to this router so slow.it would be nice for me can any one help how can i enable netflow in cisco 7606 router without this type of problem.
>
> Here the router IOS information:
>
> BOOTLDR: Cisco IOS Software, c7600s3223_rp Software (c7600s3223_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRD2a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
>
> System image file is "sup-bootdisk:c7600s3223-adventerprisek9-mz.122-33.SRD2a.bin

As badly as netflow is broken on the 7600's (and more so than usual in
SRD*) It shouldn't affect your RP cpu to the point of being "so slow".

It sounds like you have enabled something that can only be done in
software on the RP.

A quick search found:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps5972/prod_qas0900aecd80350bfc.html

 > table 3:
 >
 > Bridged NetFlow, Multicast NetFlow with v9 export
 > Cisco IOS Software only

I don't have any sup32's so I don't know if it's any netflow v9 or just
the specific types listed.

You might try a different type than v9 and/or try increasing the
sub-sampling level.  I use:

mls nde sender version 5
mls sampling packet-based 1024 8192

I also recommend avoiding SRD for netflow, SRC seems to be much less
buggy.

- Kevin