[c-nsp] Cisco 7401ASR ?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Feb 9 08:45:29 EST 2010

On (2010-02-09 14:30 +0100), Phibee Network Operation Center wrote:

> i am search a real information on the Cisco 7401ASR :
> If you have one units ;=)
>
> I want know if this cisco are same performence that the
> Cisco 7204 with a NPE 400 ?

ASR was the second product to be blessed (or cursed) with toaster
chip a.k.a PXF.
Like first product NSE-1 it was failure and newer software will disable and
won't allow enabling PXF, so everything will be software switched, like in
NPE400, performance is below NPE300.

> He support MPLS, Interworking and EoMPLS
>
> It's the same IOS that Cisco 7204 ?

No. Also it is EOL platform and as price for gray NPE300 is ridiculously
small I personally wouldn't accept even free ASR's.

--
  ++ytti