[c-nsp] Best practice - Core vs Access Router

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Tue Feb 9 09:20:47 EST 2010

Are you rate limiting ttl failures?

mls rate-limit all ttl-failure 100 10

thanks,
-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:cisco-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Andy B.
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 7:22 AM
To: Sergey Nikitin
Cc: cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Best practice - Core vs Access Router

CPU load is fairly normal at 20-30%
No congestion. Most links are under 50%.
I have no Control Plane Policies in place, but I have already been
advised to do so - this might help, right?

Redesigning the network and shifting the busy (uncongested!) VLAN to
another router seemed like the only choice we have left, unless this
CPP can help?

Andy