[c-nsp] Best practice - Core vs Access Router

Andy B. globichen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 14:28:00 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 8:13 PM, David Freedman
<david.freedman at uk.clara.net> wrote:
> - - Hold queue input appropriate (for punt to MSFC), usually set to 4096
> for these
I moved from 75 to 2000 yesterday and then tried 4096. The results
were more or less the same.

> - - No IGP hello padding (if you have large MTU and pad then you must punt
> these big things

MTU is 1500 on all my interfaces throughout the entire backbone.

> - - Check SPD headroom (show ip spd)

#show ip spd
Current mode: normal.
Queue min/max thresholds: 73/74, Headroom: 100, Extended Headroom: 10
IP normal queue: 1, priority queue: 0.
SPD special drop mode: none

> - - The drops are not being reported on input due to lack of transmit
> buffer on output (i.e to lower speed card), check traffic flows/pps to
> low speed interfaces and adjust buffers appropriately

Can you explain this further?

Andy