[c-nsp] ISSU on SXF -> SXI

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 12 10:06:36 EST 2010

On 12/02/10 14:47, Rob Shakir wrote:

> This seems quite accurate to me.
>
> Our experience of ISSU has been terrible. We've found multiple bugs
> related to it, and have found that -- in general -- we're much better
> off in terms of service disruption with a "classic" upgrade (upgrade
> secondary, reload peer, force failover, etc).
>
> Cisco advised us that it is unlikely that ISSU on 7600/6500 will meet
> our requirements, and hence we are better off doing classic upgrades.
> We've taken their advice, and will not be trying it again. I think

As it happens I just did a "half-test" on one of our boxes where I did
the "issu loadversion" so that I could see what it told me about outage
times - and all kinds of horrific messages started spraying onto the
console about missing ifindex values, IDB failures and so forth.

I quickly did an "issu abortversion"

Bah. Thanks a lot Cisco...