[c-nsp] Nexus 2000 vs Catalyst 4948 for access layer

Jason Shearer jshearer at amedisys.com
Fri Feb 12 10:53:58 EST 2010

Don't really need the 7K.....you can run your 10G trunks to and existing 6500 or something else to do L3.

In the future you will supposedly be able to run your FEXs to the 7K and supposedly the next gen 5Ks will be able to do "more".

I see the current topology good for very large datacenters.  Pair of 7Ks at the core, pairs of 5Ks at the end of the row and pairs of 2Ks in each rack.  Very scalable design.

Currently the Nexus is not for everyone.

Jason