[c-nsp] multicast on transit LAN

Marco Regini marco.regini at ascotlc.it
Tue Feb 16 15:19:59 EST 2010

Hi Phil,
I apologize if I'm obscure, and thanks a lot :-) for your patience.

I have

Layer3/Layer2--Layer3/Layer2 --Layer3/Layer2-- ...

The vlan 100 span the entire chain (the cisco are interconnected via the fc gigabit interface with 802.1q trunk), each node on the chain has a "interface vlan 100" with address on the same network.

The customer, the multicast sender/receiver are on the FastEthernet interfaces, in their dedicated vlan and network.

Regarding Pim Snooping my poor 3560,3750 do not support it, but in the documentation I found again that you need the cisco
be or a router or a switch, not both.

But I'm not an expert so do not trust very much what I say.

Cheers